Skip to main content

Where Am I Going?

 

Just a few more posts left before the end of the month!  Can you believe it?  Giving up blogging has been a sad yet freeing decision.  Today I thought I’d share some pretty candid thoughts on what’s going on in my life and why I chose to quit blogging.

  For several years now, I’ve acknowledged to myself that these blogging days would only be for a season.  I’ve contemplated discontinuing this blog for quite a while, but as quick as those thoughts came, they were gone.  To blog or not to blog?  It was a constant swinging pendulum.

  From the start, I never expected for my blog to grow a mega audience, and I definitely never wanted my blogging to become a money-making scheme.  I simply wanted a reason to write, and a handful of readers that would be encouraged by my endeavor.

  Growing up, I absolutely loved to write; I possessed this huge pink folder filled with lined paper containing stories, illustrations, and enough graphite to single-handedly keep a factory in business.  Writing stories was my pastime, but becoming an author seemed so far off my radar that I never made any goals to that end.

  I began blogging in April of 2015, without any aspirations.  It took me no time to discover that I loved blogging, and after several years of writing what I would now consider nonsense, I chose to pursue a niche of godly encouragement.  Though I became much more purposeful in my blogging, I never made any long-term goals.  I did, however, make a more serious commitment to releasing content in a structured, scheduled way (hence the new blog address + missing only one Wednesday post this year).

  Let me just pause here and say, I am SO grateful I created and stuck to a weekly posting schedule this year!  I feel like having a consistent posting schedule has grown me as a writer and also pushed me to grow spiritually as I wrote about things I was struggling with and learning myself.  (Learning by teaching is a real thing, y’all.)

  Fast-forward to now.  What made me step on the brakes and decide to quit blogging?  In one word, you could say priorities.  I could further break that down to college.  I am confident that God has led me to pursue a college education, particularly in music.  As some of you know by observation and others know by experience, music majors are busy!  In addition to textbook and assignment learning, we also have many hours of required practice time, performances, and other music-related responsibilities.

  One of my favorite quotes is Jim Elliot’s classic “wherever you are, be all there.”  I have chosen to invest and immerse myself in my college education, as that is where God has me right now.  Does that mean I have to quite blogging?  No, but I do believe it would be wise, for me, at this point.

  Writing is something I love to do, but is little more than a hobby.  Speaking plainly, I see no future for myself in this area.  I am truly thankful for the season I had to develop and use this ability, but I do not see the Lord leading me further down this path.

  So where am I going?  Physically, I’m going to college.  Spiritually, I’m taking the next leap of faith.  I am excited for where God is leading me, and I want to be all there.

  One of my new projects over the past couple of months has been setting up a Facebook page for my music, as well as investing time and energy into my YouTube channel.  I am very excited about these new endeavors!  If you would like to keep up with my musical journey, please like Grace Notes on Facebook and subscribe to my channel on YouTube.  I look forward to sharing my passion for music with you all on those social media!


Comments