Skip to main content

Celebrating 10 Years of Healing


10 years ago on this day, I completed cancer treatment!

  For those of you who are not familiar with my story: on July 31, 2008, I was diagnosed with T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma.  A measly little head cold was the open door for cancer to take over and my body to begin a drastic spiral downward.  After a quick digression of health, my parents took me to the hospital for testing, and we walked out forever changed.

  At the tender age of 6, there were few things I understood about what was happening, but one thing I knew for sure was that God is good no matter what.  My life is a living testimony of the absolute goodness of God.

  Why me?  Why us?

  I may never understand, on this earth, why God allowed me to go through what I did.  I may never understand why God healed my body but the kid down the hall died.  I may never understand why one day I was giggling as I beat up on my friend John during an intense game of Blink, but just weeks later I was sitting at his funeral service. 

  God doesn’t always give us answers, but He always gives us goodness.

  Today, I am here on this earth.  I am a relatively healthy human being.  My testimony bears the marks of God’s goodness and faithfulness.  He is always, only good!


Comments

Post a Comment