Skip to main content

A Day in the Life

 

As I get ready to say goodbye, I thought it would be fun to do a Day in the Life post to let y’all have a peek inside my current everyday life.  Of course, no two days are exactly alike, but college has necessitated somewhat of a routine!  Today I’ll walk you through a typical Thursday.

  Thursday is probably my lightest day of the week.  I get up around 7, and prepare to leave the house by 8:40.  My mornings consist of general hygiene/getting ready for the day, eating breakfast, packing a lunch, and filling my water bottle.  I also make sure to check my temperature and complete an online health check before I run out the door.  On my way to school, I listen to a sacred playlist and pray.


  I’m pretty sure that everyone and their brother is taking an 8 o’clock class this semester, because all the good parking spots are full!  I snag this photo before heading to class.

  The first class I have on Tuesday and Thursdays is Composition and Literature.  So far, so good!  I turn in my first paper this week.

  After English, I head to Discipleship Group.  On Thursdays, we spend 35 minutes praying and encouraging each other in a small group setting.


  After D Group, I run back to my car to grab my lunch.  It’s a beautiful day, so I eat outdoors.  I am loving my adorable lunch bag and thermos!  On this particular day, I packed fruit and a stew of sorts—dinner leftovers from the night before.

  I head to the music building and find a corner to study in until my class at 1.  We spread out and wear face guards, which allow us to both see each other’s faces, as well as sing!


  After my afternoon class, I head home.  My little smiley face stickers keep me company as I drive… I’ve got quite the collection now!


  When I arrive home, I discover that the rest of my family is heading out, so I take advantage of the quiet house and get some quality practice and study time in.  I change out of my class clothes and into something more comfortable.  I haven’t had ice cream in a little while, so I take a breather and enjoy my snack.


  Back at it again!  I got in a couple of hours of practice on a fun new piece.

  I spend the evening with my family, study, and prepare to do it all again the next day.  Lastly, I read some Scripture to end my day strong.  I have found that I can more consistently maintain an evening devotional time (as opposed to the morning), and I like to go to sleep with truth fresh on my mind.

  Hope you guys this quick little overview of my day! =)  What does a day in your life look like?

Comments