Skip to main content

Goals | May 2020


As of yesterday, I am an unofficial high school graduate.  We are just awaiting the finalization of my grade in a college economics course, and then grades can be submitted for official graduation.  I’m thankful to have made it to the end of this chapter, but I cannot wait to see what God has for me in the future!


  Those of you who’ve stuck around awhile may recall that I used to run a series on my previous blog entitled, “My Goals.”  I am an avid list-maker and making monthly goals is one of the ways I stay organized.  I haven’t shared any personal goals for a very long time, so I thought I’d jump on and share some of my goals for May, especially since I now have a much weightier responsibility to manage my time wisely.

  Normally I spend the month of May working for a local Christian preschool (in addition to schoolwork, which I’ve always done year-round), but quarantine has obviously changed my plans, providing me with a lot of free time—more than I’ve ever had before.  As you think of it, I would appreciate your prayers as I seek to use my time in a profitable way these next for 4 months.


1.  Release a new music video to YouTube.
  Last month I arranged a medley of O Worship the King and All Creatures of Our God and King, which you can view here (or below).  This was my first time using a high-quality microphone for recording, and my brothers helped with video footage and editing.  I was so happy with the result!  I look forward to collaborating more in the future with my sibling crew.  My goal is to create another video in May.


2.  Read 2 books.
  I must confess that nearly all of my reading this year has been school-related.  My desire to read for pleasure has become stale, but I hope this month will allow me more time to revive that pastime.

3.  Lead a YouVersion devotional study.
  I do devotionals one-on-one with a friend on a semi-regular basis, but I’d like to expand my horizons and possibly head up a group study for some younger friends (not sure if this will work out, but I'd like to try).

4.  Write blog content for 2 months in advance (8-10 posts).
  Looking ahead to college, I don’t foresee having enough time to maintain my current blog schedule (although it is certainly my preference to stay consistent).  Hopefully I can spend some quality time working ahead on blog posts for this fall.

5.  Send out all graduation announcements.
  I’ve already sent out the first batch, but I need to finish the rest.  Some of the announcements will also be sent with personal letters, so I will be devoting time to that.

6.  Keep up with card lettering.
  Another hobby I don’t know if I will be able to maintain in college is card-making, so I’d like to have a collection stored up for use through the school year.

7.  Send 5 thank-you notes.
  I’d like to send personal thank-you notes to 5 people who have invested in my personal growth, whether that be spiritually, academically, musically, etc.

8.  Try 3 new recipes.
  I’d like to get into baking and cooking a little more, and hopefully use this to bless my family and others.
  P.S. Since we’ve been in quarantine, our family has enjoyed 5-6 loaves of banana bread, courtesy of our overripe bananas and my initiative. ;)  Thankfully, the fire alarm has only gone off once or twice!

9.  Invest more time into my string instruments.
  These instruments would be viola, erhu, guitar, and mandolin.  Today I created an impromptu arrangement for guitar, mandolin, and flute, which was a blast!  I hope to create many more multi-instrument arrangements over the summer.

10.  Study for my college theory placement test.
  This is one of my highest priorities for the summer.

11.  Do my Pinterest jean-painting project.
  I found a super cool example of painted jeans on Pinterest recently, and purchased some fabric paint last week.  My goal is to complete this project in the next week and a half.

  I would love to hear from you below!  What are your goals for May?

Comments

  1. Congrats on finishing highschool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joy. Very excited to be done with this season and on to the next :)

      Delete

Post a Comment