Skip to main content

Answered Prayer


Over the past month of quarantine, I’ve been blown away by abundant blessing, answered prayer, and seeing God’s hand at work.  The pandemic hasn’t been easy for anyone, but we are all partakers of God’s blessing (some in different ways than others), and today I’d like to be very real with you and share how God has been working in my life.

  As I mentioned in a previous post, I’ve felt the Lord’s presence so strongly this year.  Some of God’s works have left me utterly speechless, while other have resulted in me flat out screaming and tearing through the house to share good news.  I am reminded that God cares about the big things as well as the seemingly “little” things in comparison.

  Here’s just a smattering of instances where I saw God’s hand at work…

  Someone I prayed for got a job, while several others were able to maintain their current jobs.

  My brother’s job after graduation is secure.  He was also able to find an affordable place to live when he moves.

  When planning for my senior piano recital, we looked at April dates and had to move backwards till we hit March 14th – the earliest possible date that would work.  Little did we know this was the LAST possible day I would’ve been able to have my recital, with all the virus craziness.


  One week before my recital, I injured my hand playing volleyball.   Several church ladies prayed with me the next morning as I fought back tears and tried to manage the pain.  After a week of extremely limited practice, the day before my recital, I had my first painless rehearsal.

  The morning of my recital, I woke up having slept 2 hours and physically weak.  Instead of bouquet shopping, I was sent back to bed.  I swallowed my pride and texted multiple people to delegate tasks I was originally planning to cover.  It was only by God’s strength that I was physically well for the entire performance, and had almost NO nerves.

  After searching a year for my recital dress, God provided the most beautiful, sparkly dress I could’ve dreamt of – on a major discount.

  In a time of financial insecurity, I received multiple scholarships.  God provided far abundantly more than I ever asked or thought!

  I prayed something very specific concerning our church’s livestream services, and God provided.

  Our church has been blessed with an overwhelming amount of people logging in to view livestream services, including several missionaries.

  God gave health and strength to multiple people with illness that I had prayed for.

  Out of the blue one evening, someone sent me a listing for a mandolin.  I prayed about purchasing it, and asked 3 people for their advice.  Unbeknownst to me, 2 of the 3 were already planning to buy me the mandolin as a graduation gift, and the third was unhappy he didn’t get to scheme along and help with the purchase.  I took it that God provided that mandolin. ;)
 
  I would love to hear from you!  How have you seen God working through this pandemic?

Comments

  1. It's absolutely beautiful how God has been working in your life! It's been so wonderful to see the ways He's been able to work in my life, even during the times I'm down and out, and struggling. Thank you so much for sharing, I was super encouraged and blessed reading this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise the Lord! I'm glad this was an encouragement to you. What are some of the ways you've God working in your life recently? I've been praying for you! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment