Skip to main content

Reason to Rejoice


As much as I am sick of the word “coronavirus,” it remains the elephant in the room.  I don’t have to explain what’s happening right now, because everyone is living this reality.  School is canceled.  Church is cancelled.  It seems that our very lives are on hold.  Panic has swept the globe and we are locked in a nightmare.  Have we forgotten Who is in control?

  Perhaps more than ever, we need to fall on our knees and search the Scriptures.  So many things have been stripped away.  Although there doesn’t seem to be a bright side, God’s Word offers an eternal hope that can never been destroyed.  Whereas the world panics, God calms.  Whereas the world fears, God offers peace.  Whereas the world shutters, God gives a song.

  We cannot control anything, but we know the One who does.  We have a sure foundation – the only sure foundation.  Our anchor is steadfast and secure.  Our hope cannot be shaken.  God’s promises are unmoving.  God’s love is unchanging.  If we have Christ, we have everything we need.  This is reason to rejoice.

“The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.” – Psalm 28:7

  Following are several verses and songs that have been a blessing and encouragement to me in times of stress.  Let's praise the Lord for His eternal hope!


“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” – 2 Timothy 1:7


 “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:7


“What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.” – Psalm 56:3


“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” – Isaiah 41:10


“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” – Psalm 23:4


“What shall we then say to these things?  If God be for us, who can be against us?” – Romans 8:31


“Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;” – Romans 12:12

Comments

  1. I was just thinking about this yesterday. When everything around us is changing, it's so comforting to remember that God is our anchor; He's still the same faithful, unchanging God. "Faithful God" and "He Will Hold Me Fast" are two songs I love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "He Will Hold Me Fast" is one of my most favorites! Christ the Sure and Steady Anchor (Matt Boswell/Matt Papa) has been a big encouragement to me as well in more recent days. What are some songs you've been especially touched by during this time, Laura?

      Delete
  2. We have so much to be thankful for and so many reason to rejoice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lilly, you are absolutely right! :) What are some things you are thankful for?

      Delete

Post a Comment